WHAT IS SMART & SKILLED?
Smart and Skilled is a NSW Government initiative supporting people in NSW to get the knowledge and skills required to find sustainable employment and advance in their chosen field.
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- an entitlement to Government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III;
- Government-subsidised for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR SMART AND SKILLED SUBSIDED TRAINING?
To be eligible you need to meet the minimum criteria below:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, and
- aged 15 years or older and no longer at school, and
- currently living or working in New South Wales.
For further information about eligibility requirements:
- Please call “The Change Network”on 1300 848 060
WHAT COURSES ARE COVERED BY THE FUNDING?
The Skills List covers all qualification levels from Certificate II to Advanced Diploma and includes foundation skills, apprenticeships, traineeships, and accredited courses.
Once you meet the eligibility criteria listed above, the subsidised training available to you depends on your post-school qualifications.
- If you have no previous post-school qualifications higher than Certificate III you will be eligible for subsidised training for all courses on the current Skills List (this does not include qualifications completed at school).
- If you do have a previous post-school qualification at Certificate IV or higher you will be eligible for subsidised training for Skills List courses that are Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, apprenticeships, traineeships and pre-vocational or part qualifications. Subsidised places in higher level courses may be limited.
Please refer to the Smart and Skilled website (https://smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au/) for a full list of available courses.
“The Change Network” offers the following qualifications in Far West/Orana and Sydney:
- BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- BSB41515 Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB51315 Diploma of Project Management
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
We can also support a traineeship in any of the above qualifications.
Smart and Skilled subsidised student fees depend on your:
- eligibility requirements
- personal circumstances
- previous Government funding accessed and
- post-school qualifications
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) students, students with disabilities and their dependents may qualify for fee exemptions when they enrol in Smart and Skilled training.
Students receiving welfare benefits and the dependents of welfare recipients may qualify for concession fees when they enrol in Smart and Skilled training.
Once you have decided on your course of study please contact “The Change Network” and discuss the enrolment procedure. You will be asked to complete an enrolment form which will include some specific eligibility questions. “The Change Network” will submit your application for enrolment to Smart and Skilled and obtain a formal quote detailing your course and applicable student fee (if any). You will have 7 days in which to accept the quotation. Once you accept the quote your enrolment will be finalised and you can begin your course on the start date.
As part of the enrolment process you will be asked to:
- consent to use and disclosure of personal information to the Department of Education and Communities and other Government agencies
- sign a declaration that all information provided is true accurate complete and not misleading in any way
- confirm that you have received details of the fees chargeable
- provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) – this can be obtained from the Unique Student Identifier website but only needs to be obtained once. If you already have a USI please use that number on your enrolment application. Please refer to https://www.usi.gov.au for further information or to obtain your own Unique Student Identifier.
As part of this process, and prior to confirming your enrolment, you will be given a Student Handbook. This Handbook will provide appropriate information in relation to fees, Recognition of Prior Learning, Credit Transfer, the process for deferring or discontinuing your studies, consumer protection information, and how to access support and assistance including contact details.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.