Our industry-leading ‘White Card’ Induction Ticket produces highly employable and safety-conscious construction staff by combining our industry-proven ‘Construction Safety Culture’ methodology with accredited Worksite Safety Training.
Course Name: Workcover General WHS Construction Induction
Course Number: 101001
Duration: 6 Hours
This course satisfies the legal requirements for General WHS Construction Induction for construction workers in NSW. This course is often referred to as the ‘Green Card’ safety course or the ‘White Card’ safety course and can be used as a credit in our Construction Leadership program.
Successful graduates of our ‘White Card’ Induction Ticket will not only be certified to work on any construction site in NSW, Queensland and Victoria, they’ll also walk away with a unique understanding of construction safety culture, which is highly attractive to worksite management and potential employers.
Discover Why Australia’s Top Construction Companies Choose The Change Network for Their ‘White Card’ Induction Ticket:
Our approach is simple and unique. This course provides:
- Government accredited ‘White Card’ Induction essentials
- Construction Safety Culture methodology (to promote a safer, happier and productive worksite… which translates to greater profitability)
- A component in our ‘Construction Leadership’ program, designed for current or future worksite leaders
Our training can be completed individually or as part of a group. We welcome single applicants or groups at our training centre and also provide on-site group training (where we come to you). Past graduates of our courses include:
- Construction workers
- Demolition workers
- Plant operators
- Crane drivers
- Delivery drivers
- Steel fixers
- Fit-out teams
- Engineers and Architects
- Landscape gardeners
- School students (on work experience)
- Overseas workers
Why Choose The Change Network For Yourself Or Your Construction Organisation?
- We provide real training outcomes, not just ‘bare-minimum’ qualifications on a sheet of paper. Unlike many of our competitors, our courses teach highly valuable ‘street smart’ workplace practices which produces graduates ready for the ‘real’ world. We use a combination of our industry experience and advanced curriculum to provide these real training outcomes.
- We have construction industry experience. We’ve been around the block and have the scars to prove it. We tell it like it is… no BS.
- All programs are experiential and a variety of training methods are used. Our highly experienced facilitators have a successful track record in delivering accredited courses to large companies, SME’s and individuals.
- Location, Location, Location. We are centrally located in the Sydney CBD, which is easily accessible via public transport.
- We’re a ‘one stop shop’ for construction safety and leadership education. Our graduates often upgrade their qualifications to Cert IV in Work Health and Safety and our Dual Cert IV Leadership program (then potentially on to Diploma level programs).
- All programs are Nationally Recognised. We are a registered training organisation (RTO # 90299) and we’re fully accredited to deliver vocational training courses as well as Workplace Health and Safety inspection, environmental and quality assurance programs.
- We’ve been around since 1994. That’s TWENTY YEARS. We’re veterans.
- We operate with head trainers in each category and small group of trainers in each course section. We are capable enough to handle large organisations (organisations of up to 250 students involved in programs as long as ten months).
- We operate with a coaching and mentoring culture which includes additional support and guidance outside the classroom. Our trainers are available on-call for technical questions.
- We’re flexible. We can deliver training anywhere in Australia at times that suit our customers. All our Facilitators are Nationally Accredited and have vast practical and theoretical knowledge on the programs they facilitate.
- We help our customers find government funding … in many cases, courses can be provided at no cost. A Government incentive ranging from $1300 to $5600 per person is currently available (depending on location, qualification and active funding streams) to the employer for eligible participants enrolling in some of our nationally accredited programs.
Combine Your Change Network Short Courses To Qualify For A Cert IV Or Diploma Qualification
Many of our short course graduates combine our essential short courses to contribute credits towards our Cert IV in Leadership and Management or Workplace Health and Safety Qualification. This is our ‘Frontline Leadership’ program.
Course that can be combined are:
- White Card Induction
- WHS Risk Management for Managers/Supervisors
For additional information, contact us here or call 1300 848 060.
Course Name: Workcover General WHS Construction Induction
Course Number: CPCOHS1001A
Course Description: The course satisfies the legal requirements for General WHS Construction Induction for construction workers in NSW. This course is often referred to as the ‘Green Card’ safety course or the ‘White Card’ safety course. WHS induction training in the construction industry is required under the NSW WHS regulation 2011. This course can be incorporated into the WHS Leadership Program.
Additional Details: Customised for building, construction, civil and related industries or other industries as required. Offered as a public course (Sydney) on set dates (refer to the training calendar).
Recognized in These States: NSW, QLD and VIC.
Who Qualifies: New workers carrying out construction work, including self-employed persons, labourers, apprentices, trainees, trades persons, supervisors, and project managers.
- WHS legislation in the workplace.
- Communication and consultation in the workplace.
- Implementing WHS risk management and the principles of safe systems of work in construction.
- Emergencies and first aid in the workplace.
- Key principles relating to workplace injury management.
- Worker’s compensation.
Course Length: Half-day course.
Maximum Size: Twenty (20) people.
Course Locations: CBD Location
Course Times: Participants must arrive at 9:25am sharp; course concludes at approximately 4:30pm.
- Public – $140.00 per person (GST exempt).
- Onsite / in-house – fee by request.
- Price includes training and assessments, reference materials and documentation.