This in-demand Health and Safety Representative Course produces efficient and industry-savvy health and safety representatives. HSR training course participants will be trained to meet the requirements of the legislation and become equipped to perform an active and competent role as a member of a Workplace Health and Safety Committee or as a Health and Safety Representative in the workplace.
Course Name: Health and Safety Representative Course
Course Number: 103001
Duration: 5 Days
This in-demand qualification is a mandatory requirement for Health and Safety Representatives and Workplace Health and Safety committee members. All construction companies are required to have some form of consultation – either in the form of a Safety Committee or elected Health and Safety Representative. This certification satisfies the training for these delegates.
In addition, companies that are registered with Federal Safety Commission are required to have evidence of a system of consultation with the workforce, and are required to provide this training. This certification assists companies meet these requirements.
This course meets the requirements for elected HSRs and deputy HSRs under the Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Act. This HSR training course should be attended by elected HSRs who have requested approved training under the WHS Act to assist them in performing their role and using their powers under the WHS Act.
Participants will gain an understanding of their role and powers and attain the necessary skills to meet the requirements of the WHS Act for elected Health and Safety Representatives. The Change Network is approved by Workcover NSW to facilitate this 5 day HSR course.
Discover Why Australia’s Top Construction Companies Choose The Change Network for Their ‘Health and Safety Representative’ Qualification:
Our approach is simple and unique. This course provides:
- Government accredited HSR essentials
- Construction Safety Culture methodology (to promote a safer, happier and productive worksite… which translates to greater profitability)
- A component in our ‘Construction Leadership’ program, designed for current or future worksite leaders
Our training can be completed individually or as part of a group. We welcome single applicants or groups at our Surry Hills training centre and also provide on-site group training (where we come to you). Past graduates of our courses include:
- Construction workers
- Demolition workers
- Plant operators
- Crane drivers
- Delivery drivers
- Steel fixers
- Fit-out teams
- Balustrade installers
- Landscape gardeners
- School kids (on work experience)
- Overseas workers
Why Choose The Change Network For Yourself Or Your Construction Organisation?
- We provide real training outcomes, not just ‘bare-minimum’ qualifications on a sheet of paper. Unlike many of our competitors, our courses teach highly valuable ‘street smart’ workplace practices which produces graduates ready for the ‘real’ world. We use a combination of our industry experience and advanced curriculum to provide these real training outcomes.
- We have construction industry experience. We’ve been around the block and have the scars to prove it. We tell it like it is… no BS.
- All programs are experiential and a variety of training methods are used. Our highly experienced facilitators have a successful track record in delivering accredited courses to large companies, SME’s and individuals.
- Location, Location, Location. We are centrally located in the Sydney CBD, which is easily accessible via public transport.
- We’re a ‘one stop shop’ for construction safety and leadership education. Our graduates often upgrade their qualifications to Cert IV in Work Health and Safety and our Dual Cert IV Leadership program (then potentially on to Diploma level programs).
- All programs are Nationally Recognised. We are a registered training organisation (RTO # 90299) and we’re fully accredited to deliver vocational training courses as well as Workplace Health and Safety inspection, environmental and quality assurance programs.
- We’ve been around since 1994. That’s TWENTY YEARS. We’re veterans.
- We operate with head trainers in each category and small group of trainers in each course section. We are capable enough to handle large organisations (organisations of up to 250 students involved in programs as long as ten months).
- We operate with a coaching and mentoring culture which includes additional support and guidance outside the classroom. Our trainers are available on-call for technical questions.
- We’re flexible. We can deliver training anywhere in Australia at times that suit our customers. All our Facilitators are Nationally Accredited and have vast practical and theoretical knowledge on the programs they facilitate.
- We help our customers find government funding … in many cases, courses can be provided at no cost. A Government incentive ranging from $1300 to $5600 per person is currently available (depending on location, qualification and active funding streams) to the employer for eligible participants enrolling in some of our nationally accredited programs.
Combine Your Change Network Short Courses To Qualify For A Cert IV Or Diploma Qualification
Many of our short course graduates combine our essential short courses to contribute credits towards our Cert IV in Leadership and Management or Workplace Health and Safety Qualification. This is our ‘Frontline Leadership’ program.
Course that can be combined are:
- White Card Induction
- WHS Risk Management for Managers/Supervisors
PROGRAM:5 Day HSR Training
The course aims to help the Health and Safety Representative consult with the employer on behalf of the work group about compliance with the state and federal requirements. It is expected that participants will gain knowledge and understanding of the roles, duties, and responsibilities for workplace health and safety under the Act. Participants will also gain an appreciation of the importance of appropriate worker and employer attitudes to occupational health, safety, and welfare. Workplace culture will be explored, along with strategies and approaches to address barriers to improving OHSW.
OHS REPRESENTATIVES & OHS COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES: Occupational health and safety (OHS) representatives and OHS representatives of OHS committees elected after 1 January 2010 are deemed health and safety representatives (Hers) under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) from 1 January 2012.
An election process for an OHS or employee representative can be completed up to 31 March 2012. Anyone elected under this process will be considered an HSR. Their term will expire on 31 December 2014. Should the election process not be completed by 31 March 2012, a new election must be conducted under WHS Legislation.
OHS representatives & committee members who become an HSR will have a 3 year term of office.
At the conclusion of this course HSRs will have the skills to:
- Understand and utilise affectively occupational health, safety, and welfare legislation.
- Perform the functions and exercise the powers of a health and safety representative.
- Identify and manage hazard(s) in the workplace.
- Articulate the role of health and safety committees.
- Consult and resolve conflict plus research, prepare, and present a case on an occupational health, safety and welfare issue.
- Successful participants will receive a WorkCover accredited course certificate.
DURATION:Five (5) day course – (training and assessment).
GROUP SIZE:Maximum twenty (20) people.
Approximately twenty (20) people.
- Level 26, 1 Bligh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Onsite / in-house by request.
- • 5 Day HSR Public (Sydney) – $785.00 per person (GST exempt).
- Onsite/in-house – fee by request.
TERMS & CONDITIONS: